Here’s a quick look at the steps you’ll take when buying your first home with Dawson Ford Garbee.
- Determine how much you can afford. You can do this using our Financial Tools and speaking with a Lender.
- Conduct a preliminary search with Dawson Ford Garbee’s Home Search. You may even want to save some of your searches and schedule home showings online.
- Contact a Dawson Ford Garbee Real Estate Agent to look for a house that meets your needs.
- Once you find a home that you want to make an offer on, your Realtor will write up an offer for you to sign and ask you for an earnest money or escrow deposit to seal the deal. If your offer is accepted (sometimes with contingencies), the closing date is determined by you and the seller.
- Have your new home inspected to ensure there’s nothing seriously wrong with the property.
- Notify your loan officer that you’ve found a property so they can begin the appraisal and the title process and, lock in your interest rate. Your loan officer will send you a new good faith estimate which shows your monthly mortgage payment as well as your estimated cash needed for closing. The title company will notify you of the time and date you close on your home and the items you’ll need to bring to closing.
- Notify your phone company, utilities (don’t forget water and sewer), moving company, post office, newspaper and magazines, friends and family. Check out our Utility Directory of service providers to help you with this process.
- Pack and Move!